Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 2 - Don't make one bad day turn into one bad week!

I'm on Day 2, reflecting on Day1... I'm glad I did the 5K... and it was a great way to start out my day. But I'll be honest, the rest of the day wasn't filled with too many great choices. For lunch I had a grilled fish taco with a few bites of the rice and beans from La Pinata in San Leandro. I think that was a great meal choice... BUTTTTT that half pitcher of Margaritas might not have been! Then for dinner, my brother in law and nephew came over and we ordered chinese food. I did well on my first plate. small portions of everything so I didn't feel like I was missing out. Which to me, is a key thing in not resenting whatever diet you're on. Then I felt the urge to get 2nd's... bad idea. Even after i added a few more of my favorites on my plate I realized I was probably satisfied and full. I let my plate sit untouched for about 10 minutes, before i started picking at it. Before you know it, it was empty! And i was STUFFED! I hate feeling stuffed... oh well... today is Day 2... and my motivation to myself comes from weight watchers.... If you have a bad day, don't let it become a bad week. Get back on the wagon immediately the next day and it won't be too hard to come back from those bad decisions. It's all water under the bridge and don't bring up old sh*t... hahahah


okay, enough of my rambling. Today's plan:

Breafast: Activia Light Yogurt, 8 baby carrots.

Mid-morning snack: bagel thin, laughing cow light wedge, 1/2 tomato (cut in slices). You can eat this as a sandwich or an open face sandwich.

Lunch: TBD my work thankfully caters lunch every Monday and usually has some healthy selections. So when you're at a buffet or catered event... just think about more protein, veggies and some fruit. Stay away from the salads with too much dressing, especially the creamy stuff. We'll see what I end up with.

In the afternoon I'll usually have a 90 calorie Fiber One bar.

For dinner, I will grill some boneless chix thighs and make a salad. I went shopping yesterday so I can actually plan some of my dinners this week which is also a key thing to do when you know you need to make good choices at home. Living with 2 boys with fast metabolisms makes it hard, but for them I'll probably make some rice to add to their dinner so they get more substance that will stick to their bones... (I need things that slip off my bones!!! hahah)

My 30 minutes of movement tonight will be:
At home:
2 minute warm up: jog in place
2 min warm up: as many jumping jacks as i can
1 min stretch: touch floor, waist, reach for sky, then alternate reaching over your head and bend to the left and right, repeat.
Do a floor plank for 20 seconds (elbows on the ground, palms down, arms in 90 degree, stretch out and do a plank on your toes (almost looks like a push up but ur on ur elbows). hold in your core and keep your neck and back straight. keep your back at neutral position. hold for 20 seconds.
3 sets of 10 pushups. first set normal arms, either girl pushups or guy pushups
2nd set uneven hands. one hand will be in a normal location, the other will be slightly higher. then the 3rd set with the other hand in normal position and the other one raised higher.
Do another 20 second plank.
Depending on your speed this should've taken about 2 minutes.
Squats:
do 4 sets of 25 squats in these variations:
set 1 - normal, feet hip distance apart toes facing forward. squat with your back straight looking straight until your thighs are parallel to the floor. when u come up, squeeze your butt.
set 2 - feet distance slightly wider than hips, toes facing 45 degree angle. Squat with your back straight looking straight until your thighs are parallel to the floor. when u come up, squeeze your butt
set 3 - feet together, step to the right (hip distance), then squat. come up squeeze butt, bring feet together. step to the left, squat, squeeze butt up, bring feet together. step to the right... etc..
set 4 - feet hip distance apart, come down to a squat w/back straight and thighs parallel to the floor. Squat one inch lower. Hold for 10 seconds, now pulsate just one inch for 25 reps.
This squat exercise should've taken about 2-3 minutes.
Repeat the 20 min plank exercise; repeat the 30 pushups; and then the plank again.
Repeat the 4 set of 25 squat exercise

Then I'll do this 10 min video focusing on abs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrVUOD4SfI

At this point you may or may not have a few minutes left. during this time, do more stretching. Do the cobra or do a wall stretch: go to the wall arms length away. place palms flat on wall at chest height, then bend over and stretch. this should stretch your shoulders. Go in a door way and put your forearms pointing up so that your elbows are almost chest height. Lean in door way and stretch your chest. Do whatever other stretches you like.
Drink water!

Tomorrow is Day 3! woo hoo! I'm almost 10% finished! hahaha...

2 comments:

  1. If you're reading this, let me know what you did today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for updating your blog. Whatever food you are eating today....i will be eating tomorrow :). I already started off my morning bad bc we dont have any food here and wasnt in the mood for yogurt. So I ate a cup full of pistachio's. The weekend was absolutely horrible. Even if I had good runs....i ate way more than the allowed amt. For some reason all 3 parties this weekend had all bbq and no veggies.....UGH!

    Thanks for the encouragment. I think I will make a batch of that WW soup so I can always have that on hand to snack on.

    ReplyDelete