Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 5 - Finding the Right Workout

Ok, I'll admit it. I did NOT do the entire workout my sister designed for me. It was a little intense and I felt a little discombobulated. I started it and completed one full round but decided to switch to the P90X AbRipper 300 DVD. 15 minutes of intense abs.  I ended my session with 3 lb weights doing some toning on the triceps, biceps, shoulders and deltoids.  To be honest, the AbRipper 300 is hard, but I think I get more sore from the Ab Ripper 200. The only move I really like from the 300 is when you have ur feet together but knees fall to the side. You lift your legs so that your feet are pointing up and then you lift your seat.  Other than that, the 300 is just hard to do and so I think because I can't do all the moves efficiently, I'm not getting the best work out. 

Sidebar:  Asia's teacher told us that the way kids find the "just right" book for them is to find a book that is not too easy or not too hard. That you can read a chunk of a page and use a 5 finger rule to count how many words you don't know or don't know the meaning of. If you don't know 1 or 2 words it might be too easy. If you don't know 5 or more words the book  is prob too hard. if you don't know about 2-3 words then it's probably difficult enough to challenge you while still giving you the chance to see your improvements and progress.

I figure that can be applied to working out. If I'm doing something that is difficult and my form is wrong. I'm probably not going to get effective results. One of my Bar Method trainers told me that I can do alot of weight training without weights sometimes. Because of the key things to targeting a muscle is being able to control your moves. If you can't control your movement then you're not really going to be focusing on that specific muscle/area.    Anyway, sorry to digress.... but that is why I like the Ab Ripper 200 more than the 300. The 300 is really hard and i find myself struggling to get the right move going. And so I'm not that sore the next day.

Today is my 5th day.... I'm still sore from the squats on Monday... but I want to get back to that work out. I am going to go for a 1 mile brisk walk and then work on some legs.  I'll probably do a variety of squats and improvised @$$ workouts... Remember... jeans have to fit like a glove!  If I feel inclined to do a pushup or crunch I'll just let the moment take me....  hahahah!!!

My meals today have been really good:

Breakfast:  carrots and activia yogurt

snack: lite eng muffin, laughing cow light, tomatoes

Lunch: 2 oz chix thigh, brocolli

snack: Fiber one granola

Dinner: wait for it.... wait for it.... company dinner at Bucca di Beppo in Palo Alto. WTF am I going to do?

The good thing is there are atleast 4 other women at my company who are conscious about their eating, so hopefully we will be able to get some salads, grilled foods and veggies. I know there'll be some pasta dish calling my name. And I'll take a bite or two, but I will not get a full serving.

Oh and you think there'lll be wine there??? you think so? hahaha.....  I'm not going to lie... i will have a glass of wine... i ate very well today. i've worked out 4 days in a row. I plan to workout later tonight. I DESERVE A GLASS!!!!!

There I said it!
Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment