Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 3: Get Energy from the Sun!!! It's a beautiful day!!!

I'm a little sore today... those squats and butt squeezes better work!!!!
It's a beautiful day in Cali... I'm stuck at work and I get to sneak a peak outside through the window in the office across from me... while I sit in my windowless cell.  Oh well... I'm happy to have a J O B w/air conditioning!!!

Today's plan...  I can't let a beautiful day go without enjoying it. So afterwork (because only crazy people run outside when it's 90 degrees), I'll wait til about 8pm to go outside and run for 30 minutes.  That should be about 3 miles. If Asia has finished his homework he'll probably come with me on his scooter or bike.  This is one of the times we just get to chat without the TV or interruption. And for Asia, he'd rather do anything else besides his homework! I don't have a Garmind or pedometer or mileage tracker so the way I've figured out distances around my neighborhood is literally getting in my car, setting the Trip thing to ZERO and driving. Gauging where 1 mile is and how to plan out different courses for when I want to do a few miles or get some distance. Unfortunately there are no hills in my neighborhood so it's alot of flat running. When I train for SF runs you HAVE TO TRAIN WITH HILLS! #NUFFSAID!!!  So for that, the Stanford Dish is a great place to train. But for tonight, esp since it might be dark, I'll do 6 laps in my neighborhood. 2 laps = 1 mile. If it takes me longer than 30 minutes, that's ok. 30 minutes is the minimum time I'm trying to keep. Shoot I might even do some situps when I get home... but we won't get ahead of ourselves right now.

My meal plan for today:

Breakfast - I had a Tomas' English Muffin Better Start Lite Muffin w/1/2 cup egg whites; 1 laughing cow lite wedge and 3 slices of tomato. I made it into a sandwich and ate it while driving in... Don't worry, I kept one hand on the steering wheel!
Snack - I bought the fiber one yogurts, but they're not that great. however I have to finish them so I'll eat it for a snack. But I don't necessarily recommend them. They taste like.... FIBER!!!! The Activia Light Yogurt is way better!
Lunch - I have a lunch meeting at the Rosewood today and I've never been. I'm assuming I'll be able to order  a salad with dressing on the side or salmon and veggies.  If I can't find that I'll just stick to lean protein and veggies. WATER!!!
My afternoon Snack... probably a piece of fruit and maybe a chocolate/pretzel snack
Dinner - Asia wants to help make dinner tonight and between burgers and tacos he picked tacos. So we'll brown some ground lean turkey with garlic and seasonings. Cut up tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, avocado, and shredded cheese (I prob won't have any cheese). Then for tortillas Davy and Asia like their flour tortillas FRIED so that they're a little crispy. I will be having a whole wheat tortilla that I sit on an open flame to toast a little. Add salsa and voila! If after one taco i'm still hungry, i'll just make a bed of lettuce and add 2 oz of turkey with tomato and salsa for a small taco salad to avoid the additional carbs from the tortilla and getting more veggies.

Looking forward to tomorrow's 30 minutes of movement. My sister Jeanne designed a Cabo Ready workout which I'll post tomorrow. And I'll wish all of us good luck with it because I read it yesterday and it looks hard!!! We'll see how we may have to modify some of the workouts until I can get a better handle on it!

Have a great day...  If  you're doing this with me, let me know how you're doing and if you're still focused on Day 3!

(I want to say congrats to Tricia, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully my lunch was an ok choice. it was the Mediterranean special salad. Had prob 2-3oz of chix breast, artichoke hearts, tomato, cucumber, greens and some feta cheese. yogurt dressing and a about 2 tbls of hummus in the middle. I ate most of it and left some hummus and 2 pita triangles and barely touched the feta cheese. Although they dressed the salad already, the yogurt dressing should be a better option than other creamy dressings....

    ReplyDelete